Europe's route to 2023 Women's World Cup mapped out
A record 51 teams have been split into nine sections (six groups of six teams, three of five), with the qualifying matches set to be played between September 2021 and September 2022.
The groups are as follows:
- Group A: Sweden, Finland, Republic of Ireland, Slovakia, Georgia
- Group B: Spain, Scotland, Ukraine, Hungary, Faroe Islands
- Group C: Netherlands, Iceland, Czech Republic, Belarus, Cyprus
- Group D: England, Austria, Northern Ireland, North Macedonia, Latvia, Luxembourg
- Group E: Denmark, Russia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Azerbaijan, Malta, Montenegro
- Group F: Norway, Belgium, Poland, Albania, Kosovo, Armenia
- Group G: Italy, Switzerland, Romania, Croatia, Moldova, Lithuania
- Group H: Germany, Portugal, Serbia, Israel, Turkey, Bulgaria
- Group I: France, Wales, Slovenia, Greece, Kazakhstan, Estonia
The winners of the nine qualifying sections will advance directly to the FIFA Women's World Cup 2023 in Australia and New Zealand.
The group runners-up will take part in UEFA play-offs in October 2022 for the remaining two direct tickets, which will be awarded to the two top-performing play-off winners. The third-best play-off winner will be entered into the inter-confederation play-offs.
A record 10 stadiums across 9 Host Cities in Australia and New Zealand were recently announced by FIFA to host matches at the first ever co-hosted FIFA Women’s World Cup in 2023, which will also be the first edition of the tournament to feature 32 teams.
Originally published by FIFA.
The latest commerical details, groundbreaking interviews and industry analysis, free, straight to your inbox.
Sign up today to receive the newsletter.
With the increasing value being attributed to young players, this report provides insight into the hottest prospects on the market.
Soccerex Football Finance 100 is an exclusive annual report that compiles a ranking of the world’s most financially powerful clubs.
Follow us on twitter to receive our latest market insight, industry interviews and news about our upcoming events.