Top tips for Soccerex USA
- Event App
Make sure you download the app ‘Soccerex Events’ from your app store to access the latest event information and receive updates and notifications. The event app provides the following features:
- Delegate messaging and meeting service
- Personalised event planner
- Full conference programme and speaker biographies
- Full exhibitor and sponsor information
- Information of all networking and social events
Please make sure you have your badge (QR code) ready at the registration desk. For instructions, simply click on the icon named ‘About the app’ and on the first page called ‘How to Access Your Badge’.
- Happy Hours
At the end of each day, make sure you head to the Networking Café located in the exhibition area at Marlins Park for Happy Hour. Unwind, have a drink and network in a relaxed environment with many different delegates present at Soccerex USA. Networking is best served chilled!
- Social Evening
Make your way to the Rooftop of the InterContinental Miami. Sponsored by Avery Dennison, the social evening on 15 November, from 19:30 to 22:00, is an excellent opportunity to meet lots of like-minded soccer business professionals from North America, Latin America and Europe, make new contacts, talk to Soccerex account managers and meet old industry friends. If you speak English and Spanish, you’ll find yourself in a good position to make more connections and to help others as well.
- Royalty in attendance!
His Royal Highness Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein of Jordan will be speaking at Soccerex USA. His Royal Highness is a man with a vast experience in football governance holding executive roles at FIFA and AFC. At Marlins Park, HRH will be explaining the latest developments of the Association Football Development Programme (AFDP) Global which aims to promote respect and tolerance for others, foster team spirit and develop talent in communities through football.
- Soccer Legends
Without players, we wouldn’t be here! A good number of legends – enough to put together a superb starting eleven - will be with us in Miami next week. Here are some of their names:
- Landon Donovan, USMNT International
- Juan Sebastian Veron, Former Argentina International
- Luis Hernandez, Former Mexico International
- Ronald De Boer, Former Holland International
- Lori Lindsey, Former USWNT International
- Jimmy Conrad, Former USMNT International
- Karina LeBlanc, Former Canada International
- Marcelo Salas, Former Chile International
- Juan Rodriguez, Former Spain International
- Louis Saha, Former France International
- Felix Fernandez, Fomer Mexico International
- Exhibitor Activations
The exhibition provides is an opportunity to learn about the latest trends in multiple areas of the beautiful game with prime examples of technology advancements but it is also a chance to test your skills, have fun and win prizes such as customized soccer shirts and tickets. Make sure you walk the floor and check out the amazing activations exhibitors such as ACC Aviation Group, Avery Dennison, Elite Skills Arena, and Orwell VR have planned for you!
- Learn from the best
- Victor Montagliani, President, Concacaf / Vice President, FIFA
- Carlos Cordeiro, President, US Soccer
- Yon de Luisa, President, Mexican Football Federation
- Don Garber, Commissioner, MLS
- Enrique Bonilla, President, Liga MX
- Jake Edwards, President, United Soccer League
- Amanda Duffy, Managing Director, NWSL
- Earl Cochrane, Chief Strategy and Development Officer, Canada Soccer
- Jorge Mas, Co-owner, Inter Miami
- Alexi Lalas, Former USMNT and FOX Sports Soccer Analyst
- Javier Tebas, President, LaLiga
- Charlie Stillitano, Executive Chairman, Relevent Sports
- Gerard Houllier, Head of Global Football, Red Bull
8. Miami Beach
We recommend that you take some time to discover Miami and visit the iconic Miami Beach. From North Shore Open Space Park, past palm-lined Lummus Park to South Pointe Park, Miami has numerous beaches where you can swim all year round. On top of that, at South Beach, you can find numerous restaurants and clubs, enjoy the early 20th century architecture in the Art Deco historic district and make your stay in Miami a memorable one.
9. Celebrity Beach Soccer Match
For those of you staying in Miami after Soccerex USA, our event partners GACP Sports will be organising a Celebrity Beach Soccer Match benefitting Best Buddies International which will be held at 11:00 am on November 17th, 2018 at Collins Park in Miami Beach. The celebrity exhibition 7 on 7 match will be played by some of the World’s biggest athletes, celebrities, and Sports illustrated models.
Everyone at Soccerex wishes you a safe journey to Miami and we look forward to seeing you in the Magic City next week.
The latest commerical details, groundbreaking interviews and industry analysis, free, straight to your inbox.
Sign up today to receive the newsletter.
With the increasing value being attributed to young players, this report provides insight into the hottest prospects on the market.
Soccerex Football Finance 100 is an exclusive annual report that compiles a ranking of the world’s most financially powerful clubs.
Follow us on twitter to receive our latest market insight, industry interviews and news about our upcoming events.